Super cheese scones , recipe converted from Maungawhau School cookbook .
Originally from Ministry of Food cafe in Wellington , published in Cuisine magazine .
- 150g grated tasty cheese ( 2 cups)
- 255g flour (2 cups)
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- punch cayenne pepper
- 225 g milk (1 cup)
- Preheat oven 220 C.
- Blitz cheese in tmx on speed 8-9 for a few seconds until grated , set aside , no need to clean bowl.
- Add dry ingredients to tmx except cheese , turbo twice to mix.
- Add milk and cheese and knead on dough mode for 20 seconds
- Either shape into rectangle or form into small pieces on tray, bake 15-20 mins.
Life doesn’t get much better than a cup of tea and a freshly baked cheese scone !