Adapted Chelsea Winters “Incredibly tasty cookies ” from At My Table
Left out the white sugar , only used the brown sugar .
- 170g rolled oats ( 2cups)
- 200g butter
- 1c brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 260g flour (3cups)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 300g chocolate chips
- 1 c chopped nuts of your choice
- preheat oven 180c
- blitz rolled oats 10s , speed 10, set aside
- soften butter first , then blend sugar at speed 10 until find , insert butterfly whisk , cream butter and sugar speed 4 until pale in colour .
- Add eggs , vanilla , blend speed 4 until fluffy ( around 15-25 seconds )
- remove whisk ,add other ingredients and oats and combine reverse speed 2/3.
- Roll into tablespoon sized balls , flatten with fork and bake around 20-25 minutes till golden brown ( recipe states 10-12 mins, but we like crunchy cookies so added more time )
Can be stored and eaten frozen . Great for lunch boxes.