Adapted Pete Evans recipe for Middle Eastern sausages with coriander sauce. ( from Healthy Every Day). See a link for it above. He makes the beef into sausages on kebab sticks, We’ve made meatballs instead. The coriander sauce really makes the dish special. Everyone, even Miss 8 who doesn’t even like coriander, is dipping and coating all their food in it. At this rate we’ll need to start planting coriander because we use so much for this sauce.
Middle Eastern Meatballs
- Place small piece ginger in TM bowl, chop 3 sec, speed 7.
- Add 2 handfuls of coriander and 1 handful of mint in TM bowl with ginger, chop speed 7 until finely chopped
- Add onion halved, 2 tsp ground coriander, 1/2 tsp ground turmeric, tsp ground cumin, lime juice, salt, 2 Tb tomato paste, 2 eggs, tray of mince, coconut / olive oil. Blend 10 sec, reverse speed 4 until combined.
- Shape into balls and shallow fry.
- Add 1 small seeded chilli to clean TM bowl , chop 2 sec, speed 7.
- Add 3 handfuls of coriander, 2 handfuls of mint, sea salt chop 4 sec, speed 5.
- Add lime juice and coconut / olive oil, blend 3 sec, speed 4. Add up to 3TB water to thin if necessary.
Enjoy this delicious sauce with the meat, rice and salad.