When you have leftover vegetables in the fridge and it’s too hot for vegetable soup, this vegetable lasagne recipe is a great user of the odd pieces of carrot , celery stalks, mushrooms and spinach ( chucked in bits of leftover salad into the sauce before blitzing)
Basic method ( refer link above for ingredients )
- Grate some cheese for the top, blitz cheese in tmx at speed 8-10 until fine, set aside
- Make bechemal sauce , ( used guided recipe for bechemal sauce in the lasagne bolognese) set aside
- Make one portion of fresh pasta dough and roll out into sheets ( or use prebought sheets) NB roll into the thinnest setting with the pasta machine.
- Chop 1 onion and two cloves of garlic at speed 7 for 3 seconds . Add 30g oil and sauté 3 mins, varoma temp, speed 1.
- Add leftover vegetables, blitz speed 5/6 till finely chopped (eg carrot , celery , mushrooms) , add 100g white wine, tin tomatoes , 20g vegetable stock paste , basil and parsley. ( whatever herbs you have ) salt and pepper to taste
- Add spinach leaves to varoma ( NB only used one tin instead of two 400g tomatoes because substituted spinach for extra tomatoes)
- Place varoma on top of TM bowl to steam spinach while cooking vegetable sauce 20 mins, varoma temp, reverse speed 2.
- Layer lasagne sheets with spinach , sauce , bechemal sauce with cheese on top
- Bake 50-60 mins 180C.
Delicious ! Prefer this to a meat lasagne and it’s a one dish meal .