Pickled Cucumbers ( family recipe adapted for Thermomix)
- 1 telegraph cucumber or two small cucumber,
- 1 tbsp coarse sea salt
- 1½ cups water (330g)
- ½ cup white wine vinegar (120g)
- 3/4 cup sugar (155g )
- Thinly slice (leave skin on) the cucumber – a mandoline is perfect. This should yield about four cups of thinly sliced cucumber ( I peeled the cucumbers above because these were normal cucumbers not telegraph)
- Place the cucumber in a colander. Sprinkle over the salt and leave for 30 minutes.
- In TM bowl, combine the water, vinegar, sugar, and bring to the boil. 8 mins. 100c, speed 2. Remove from the heat and leave to cool.
- Rinse the salt from the cucumbers and, using your hands, squeeze out as much moisture as you can.
- Place the cucumbers in a large jar and pour the pickling liquid over them. Cover with a tight-fitting lid and refrigerate for at least three hours before using.