Annabel Langbein’s ( Great Food for Busy Lives) recipe for Lemon Fish Pie, is an easy one dish family dinner. The two main elements white sauce and mash potatoes made by the thermomix using guided functions.
Lemon Fish Pie
- 2c white sauce (bechemal sauce)
- 3-4 TB lemon juice
- 500g boneless fish
- 3 hard boiled eggs
- 4c mash potato
- Make bechemal sauce using one step method ; Add 40g butter, 40g flour, 500g milk, pinch of nutmeg, 1/2 tsp salt and pepper to TM bowl – cook 7 mins, 90C, speed 4. Mix in 3 TB of lemon juice to cooked sauce.
- Make mash potato using guided function or recipe community method. One quantity of the guided recipe seems to be the perfect amount for a family meal like this. I tried this method by thermomike (link below) because sometimes the butterfly pops out when the potatoes are cooking using guided. Put the eggs in the Varoma dish on top while the mash potatoes are steaming. Note: be careful to use correct amount of water per recipe to prevent it boiling over. http://www.recipecommunity.com.au/side-dishes-recipes/best-mashed-potato-ever/163866
- Lay fish fillets at bottom of the dish ( we don’t even bother cutting up fish because it’s so soft once it’s cooked) top with peeled quartered boiled eggs, lemon white sauce and mash potatoes.
- Bake 220C for 25-30 minutes until top is slightly browned.