Recipe from Edmonds cookbook, husband’s birthday treat. Cinnamon Oysters with cream and dusted with icing sugar.
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 c sugar (80 g)
- 2 tsp golden syrup
- 6 TB flour ( 60g)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- Preheat oven 190 c. Add sugar, blend 3 sec, speed 9 to refine. Add butterfly whisk and add eggs. Beat eggs and sugar, speed 3.5 until thick. ( look through the top while beating , mine took about 2-3 mins)
- Add golden syrup through the hole in lid and beat speed 3.5 for another minute.
- Sift remaining dry ingredients and fold into the the egg mixture.
- Spoon into greased oyster tins ( I used muffin tray) Bake 8-10 mins 190c.
- When cold, cut oysters and fill with whipped cream.
notes- reverse the cinnamon / ginger quantities to get a more gingery tasting sponge