Used the above recipe from the community as a base to convert our own family recipe which is very similar but doesn’t have onions. We can have this with stir fried vegetables and dinner is done. Or as a lunch or afternoon tea on it’s own. The kids love this soup after school.
Chicken and sweetcorn soup
- 1000g chicken stock
- 400g sliced chicken (used chicken thighs)
- 1 Tb soy sauce
- 1cm ginger
- 420g cream corn
- 300g corn kernels
- 1 Tb cornflour mixed into 60ml water
- 2 eggs lightly whisked
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Add ginger to TM bowl, blitz 3 sec, speed 7
- Add stock ( 2Tb TM chicken stock paste in 1000g water), chicken, soy sauce, both corns. Cook 20 minutes, 100 C, reverse speed 1. Make sure chicken is cooked through at this stage.
- Start cooking 2 mins, 105 C, reverse speed 1. Add cornflour water mixture, eggs and sesame oil.
- Add salt and pepper to taste, garnish with spring onions
A heartwarming soup made so simply with the thermomix.