The Thermomix makes this dish super easy, one element the vegetables are cooking by themselves while you cook fish. The sauce is cooked without you having to stand at the stove. A one dish meal that suits family eating where we are all coming and going at different times. I have adapted our recipe for sweet and sour fish, no prizes for presentation but it’s tasty and at least it’s homemade! Sweet and sour fish
- 500g fish
- 1 egg
- 1/2 c cornflour
- 1cm piece of ginger
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/4 pineapple
- 500g – 1kg mixed vegetables
- 120g tomato sauce
- 4 TB white vinegar
- 3-4 TB sugar
- Cut fish into small pieces and coat in egg and dust in cornflour ( I tip the lightly beaten egg into the fish pieces and then tip batches of fish into the cornflour to coat, saves time)
- Cook battered fish 1-2 minutes each in fry pan, drain on paper towel and set aside.
- Use Chinese style stir fried vegetables guided recipe in the Thermomix to cook the pineapple and vegetables ( I used broccoli, celery, carrot, mushroom, capsicum and left out oyster sauce ) set aside in thermoserver
- No need to clean the Thermomix, add sauce ingredients and cook 3 minutes,varoma temp, speed 1 until sugar dissolved.
- Heat a large pot, put in cooked sauce, cooked vegetables and cooked fish and gently mix and warm through. Served with rice.
If running out of time , don’t bother coating fish, just dust in a little cornflour or fry fish uncoated or use the Varoma to steam the fish. If the sauce is a bit thick add a little water, too thin add some cornflour mixed in water to thicken.