These steamed buns are a great way to use up leftover meat. We had some chicken meat, minced up in thermomix 3 seconds , speed 4. Then stir fried with some grated carrot, hoisin sauce, soy sauce, sugar and thickened to a gravy with cornflour and water. Made the dough in the thermomix in 10 minutes and because the dough doesn’t require proving, we can roll them straight away. Everyone enjoys being involved in the process of making and filling the buns and we compete to see who can make the best looking bun that doesn’t split apart after steaming. The best are of course mums!
- 400 g flour
- 100 g water
- 2 tsp dried yeast
- 100 g milk
- 70 g sugar
- 1 Tb oil
- 2.5 tsp baking powder
- pinch salt
- Add all dough ingredients to thermomix.
- Mix 6 seconds , speed 6.
- Knead 1 minute on dough mode.
- Divide into about 30 to 40 pieces. Roll into flat rounds, fill and wrap to close. Place buns into Varoma tray and dish.
- Fill thermomix bowl with 1.5 l boiling water.
- Place Varoma tray on tmx, steam buns 10 mins, Varoma temp, speed 3.